Burnt Store Isles Association, Inc..
Burnt Store Isles Association Membership Benefits (Or why to join the BSIA!)
BSIA works with the City of Punta Gorda, new home contractors, and home owners to maintain deed restrictions and the appearance of our neighborhood. This ultimately protects the property value of our homes.
BSIA has several committees dedicated to our neighborhood appearance and safety including Special Projects, Community Standards, and Security.
Electronic Weekly Bulletin Board with neighborhood and community information, upcoming events, new member information, and police watch.
Quarterly newsletter specific to our neighborhood and members.
Maintenance of BSIA website (www.bsia.net) with deed restrictions, Board of Directors contact information, board minutes, upcoming events, and more!
General membership meetings with guest speakers who provide important information for our neighborhood.
Periodic surveys to ascertain member views related to neighborhood issues.
Informational meetings for ‘hot-topics’ in our neighborhood. BSIA may not take a position on these topics, but will provide written information and/or public meetings so members have the needed information to make an informed decision.
BSIA provides many social events throughout the year including picnics, Christmas party, darts at the Ice House, neighborhood yard sale, membership dinner meeting, and more.
Volunteer board and committee members.
All membership dues go to providing the above benefits to BSIA members. Many Burnt Store Isles’ neighbors volunteer their time to provide an active and vibrant association.
Membership dues are kept low due to these volunteers; renewals are $30 per year.
Support the continued well-being of your neighborhood…….join the BSIA!!
Burnt Store Isles Association
History of Accomplishments
BSIA has numerous accomplishments since its establishment in 1983 including:
- Installation of a traffic light at U.S. 41 and Monaco.
- Installation of a new entryway sign and anchor at U.S. 41 and Madrid and at U.S. 41 and Monaco.
- Beautification and maintenance of cul-de-sac circles and planting and maintenance of more than 1200 trees.
- A survey of seawalls and depth soundings of canals and preparation of a report to the city that resulted in the establishment of the BSI Canal Maintenance Advisory Committee.
- Enforcement of deed restrictions and city zoning codes.
- Assistance in the creation of the Alligator Creek Waterway Advisory Committee and in periodic dredging of the creek.
- Taking positions against speedway noise, commercial fishing in our canals, the GATX pipeline in our watershed, commercial bingo in the Colonial Promenades shopping center, and non-tile roofs.
- Strengthening of relations with the City Council and staff resulting in new parking ordinances, city funding of a new entranceway and widening of Monaco, and a sympathetic ear at city hall for critical issues such as lock door removal.
- Establishment of a working relationship with Walgreens that resulted in a well- designed, quality commercial enterprise at U.S. 41 and Monaco and the company’s agreement to help pay for a median for the new BSI sign.
- Established a Community Outreach Program
- Working at the State and city levels helped to enact an ordinance limiting non- permitted fishing from undeveloped lots.
- Instrumental in having a city ordinance enacted limiting door-to-door solicitations.
- Successfully limited garage additions to existing homes deemed not to meet community architectural standards.
- Established an eighth Director Position: E-Communications Director
- 2012-2013 Membership and Treasurer’s Data base connected from Excel to File Maker Pro software by Vice President Rick Doll. Rick Doll continues technical support with the program today.
-2014 Ability to pay membership renewal dues with credit card implemented.
-2015 Widening of the canal lock to Alligator Alley completed.
The Burnt Store Isles Association in Punta Gorda is an all volunteer
association of homeowners. We are volunteers working together to
promote and protect our beautiful waterfront and golfing paradise.
We are neighbors helping each other by following our deed restrictions
and maintaining and protecting our property values.
We feel fortunate to live in the wonderful, vibrant City of Punta Gorda,
but even more privileged to live in Burnt Store Isles (BSI), the best
deed-restricted community in Punta Gorda.